※ fair-weather friend (只能同安乐不能共患难的)“酒肉”朋友
When she ignored him during his financial problem, he knew she was a fair-weather friend.
当陷入经济困境而被她疏远时,他知道了她只有在顺境时才是朋友。
※ get bad vibes 对某人印象很差
Whenever I walk into Dr. Plye’s office, I get bad vibes. I don't think he likes to deal with people.
每当我走进派尔医生的办公室,就感觉不好。我觉得他不喜欢同人打交道。
※ get good vibes 对某人印象颇佳
I get good vibes from her, I think she will get along well with the other people in the office.
我觉得她不错儿,她会同办公室里的人相处得很好。
※ get next to (someone) 成为(某人)的密友,与(某人)关系密切
Now that Roy has been promoted to assistant manager, it is really hard to get next to him.
既然罗伊已经被提拔为经理助理,要成为他的密友可就难了。
※ get on the horn 打电话
I’m going to get on the horn and tell everyone about the party.
我会打电话告诉大家宴会的有关情况。
※ give ( someone ) a buzz 给(某人)打电话
Give me a buzz when you get home.
你回到家时,请给我打电话。
※ give (someone) a ring 给(某人)打电话
I’ll give you a ring tonight around 7:00.
我今晚大约7点钟给你打电话。