5.That is to say, we can make machine tools according to our customers’ samples and exact specifications. You know, service is the motto of our company.
也就是说, 我们可以严格按照客户提供的样品和具体规格制造机床。你要知道,为客户服务是我们的宗旨。
That is to say常用来引起另一番话,对自己刚才说的话作出进一步说明。
On February 15, that is to say, the day the goods were shipped on board, we sent you a fax.
在2月15日,也即货物上船的那天,我们曾给你发去一封传真。
I t will also be teaching them to think, that is to say, to think clearly and to think
deeply.
这也将教他们思考,也就是说,要清晰地思考,深刻地思考。
6.Now, please tell me, do you offer FOB or CIF?
那么请问,你们报船上交货价还是到岸价?
贸易谈判中,询问价格常用句子有如下这些(有些是商店零售用语):
Do you quote FOB prices?
你们报船上交货价吗?
What’s the price per dozen for your socks?
你们袜子每打是什么价?
What prices do you quote for these items?
这些商品你们报什么价?
How(What price)do you ask for it?
How much is it?
How much does it cost?
What’s the lowest you would take for it?
How much will it be altogether?
How much do all these things come to ?
1. I’d rather you quoted us CIF prices.
我希望你们报到岸价。
“I’d rather + 从句‘这种结构表示“宁可让某人做某事。从句中一般用过去时表示现在或将来要做的事情,但也有用现在时的。
I’d rather you make a long distance call home for advice.
我想你最好还是给家里打个长途电话征求意见。
Our manager would rather you quoted him your most favorable terms in future.
我们经常希望你以后报你方最优惠价。
2. We’ll see to it when we make you offers.
报价时,我们将注意这一点。
see to 注意,料理
We’ll see to your requirements when we have fresh supplies.
我们在新货可供时,将考虑你们的需要。
I hope you will see to the matter immediately.
希望你们能立即处理此事。
see to短语后面可以接从句,句型为see to it that 从或see that从句。
We shall be glad if you will see to it that the contract is duly signed.
如果你方对合同完满签字能给予关照,我们将十分高兴。
They will see that the L/C reaches you before the month is out.
他们将注意信用证在月底到达你方。