Haven’t seen you for ages. 许久不见了。
not in the least 一点也不
as it is 就以现在这个样子
at the get-acquainted stage 处于刚结识的阶段
have a mind to do something 想要做某事
try out 试一试
come round 回过来
be content with 满足于……
NOTES
1. Our customers are quite satisfied with the photo-copiers you supply.
我们的顾客对你们供应的影印机相当满意。
satisfy v. 满足
we make it a rule to satisfy our customers to the greatest extent.
尽最大可能地满足顾客是我们的一项章程。
We believe we can satisfy your requirements for any reasonable quantity.
我们相信能满足你方任何合理的数量要求。
Our customers are not satisfied with your last shipment.
We are satisfied that the contract has been carried out smoothly.
我们很满意合约顺利执行了。
“令人感到满意”可以表达为:
Your tablecloths satisfy our customers.
Your tablecloths are/prove/turn out satisfactory to our customers.
Your tablecloths are/prove turn our to the satisfaction of our customers.
Our customers are satisfied with your tablecloths.
2. As a result, the demand has been rising rapidly in recent months.
结果,近几个月来需求急速上升。
as a result (of ) 结果
Upon examination the buyers discovered a short delivery of 210 1bs in weight. As a result,they fied a claim against you.
经检验,买方发现短交210磅,因此他们向你方提出索赔。
Your shipment failed to catch the Christmas season. As a resultwe suffered great loss.
你方货物没赶上圣诞节,结果我方遭受严重损失。
As a result of our efforts, we have obtained a quantity of 5,000 tons to satisfy your requirement.
由于我方努力的结果,已获得5,000吨数理可满足你方需要。
As a result of your delay in opening the L/C, we were unable to ship the goods in time.
由于你方延迟开证的结果,我们未能如期装运。
3. –Or, do you mean you doubt our ability as agent?
再不,你的意思是怀疑我们作为代理人的能力吗?
--Not in the least, Mr. Jackson.
一点也不,杰克逊先生。
(1)doubt v. 一词的后面可以按名词或从句。
We don’t doubt a single word of yours. We just ask to make sure of it.
我们对你的话一点也不怀疑,我们问一声只是为了证实此事。
I doubt the market will take a turn for the better next week.
我怕市场下周不会有好转。