1. But did it ever occur to you that we night take a new step forward?
但是,你考虑过我们可以再迈出新的一步吧?
occur内有“出现在脑中”、“想到”的意思。它常以it 做形式主语,代替一个从唏或不定式。
It has occurred to us that Type 32 might suit your purpose just as well.
我们想起来32型可能对你们同样适用。
Has it occurred to you that the damage might take place before loading of the goods?
你有没有想过货损可能在装运前就发生了?
The possibility never occurred to us that you would decline to accept the order.
我们从没想过你方会有拒绝这笔订单的可能性。
Didn’t it occur to you to bring your price into line with ours?
你没想过将你方价格降到和我方价格一致的水平上吗?
The damage must have occurred during transit.
货损肯定是在运输途中发生的。
We assure you that such unfortunate event will never occur again.
我们向你保证这种不幸事件今后再也不会发生。
2. It all depends on what ypu can do.
这完全取决于你方能做些什么了。depend on 依靠,取决于……
The size of our order depends very much on your price.
我们的订单大小在很大程度上取决于你方的价格。
Business depends on the rate of commission you’re going to make.
这笔业务将取决于你方提供的佣金。
在It depend 后面鸥鸟可以省略,口语中尤其如此。
It depends whar you are willing to pay.
这完全看你愿意出什么价。
3. I’m coming to that.
我就要谈到这一点了。
谈话时对方提出某个问题,而这个问题正是自己马上就要谈到的,这时候便可以用I’m coming to that. 这句话。例如:
--By the way,what are you going to do our clain for short-weight?
顺便插一句,关于我们提出的短重索赔一事,你们准备如何处理呢?
--Just be patient. We’re coming to it.
别着急,我马上就要谈到。
4. As your agent, we shall spare no effort to promote the sale of your slippers on our market.
作为你方代理我们将不遗余力地在我们市场上推销你们的拖鞋。
(1)spare no effort不遗余力
We’ll spare no effort to ensure that the quality is in conformity with the specifications in the contract.
我们将尽力确保货物质量与合同规格相符。
We are sparing no effort to build up a large turnover so as to qualify for sole agent appointment.
我们正在尽最大努力扩大交易额以符合独家代理的资格。
(2)sale 一词无疑是业务谈判中用途很广的词。
I congratulate you on having achieved a great sale in the past year.
祝贺你在过去一年中取得巨大的销售量。
We’re doing our best to advertise the sale of your commodities.
我们正在尽最大努力做广告推销你方产品。
We confirm the sale to you of 2,000 tons red Beans.
兹确认卖给你方2000吨红豆。
Our offer is usbject toprior sale.
我方报盘以货物未售出为条件。
China’s bristles continued to enjoy a large sale in the international market.
中国猪鬃在国际市场上继续大量售出。
The sellers are allowed some discount on the goods in order to increase sales.
卖方为了增加销售,对销售商品给予一定程度的折扣。
Our bicycles have reached a sale of 5,000pieces a month.
我们自行车每月销售量已达到5,000辆。
The sales of red Beans fell off considerably in the past few months.
注意sale 用作定语时,常常用其复数形式sales.
sales terms 销售条款
sales contract售货合同
sales turnover销售额
sales representative销售代表