1. So far our negotiation has covered all the main parts of the transaction.
到现在为止,我们的谈判覆盖了交易的各主要方面。
so far迄今为止
Our english training business this year has so far turned out pretty well.
今年到现在我们的英语培训学校业务相当不错。
We ‘ve so far sold 50 dozen shirts since we put them onto the market.
自从衬衫投放市场以来我们已经卖出50打了。
So far the two parties have failed to agree upon a settlemant of the claim.
双方到目前还没有就索赔达成解决方法。
4.….and what not
这是一个非常口语化的短语,常用于列举事物。第21课中已经出现。,另例:
At the fair are deisplayed textiles, electricity products, electronics, chemicals and what not.
交易会上展出展品有纺织品、电器产品、电子产品、化工产品等。
They will send you food supplies and what not by direct steamer.
他们会把食品供应以及其他什么用直达船给你们送去。
I saw a queerly arranged group of different colored lights in the distance—yellow, green red, and what not.
我远远看见一片排列得很奇特的各色的灯光——黄的,红的,绿的等。
5. And I’m pleased to say we have come to terms with each other on all these points.
我很高兴我们就所有这些问题都达成协议了。
come to terms达成协议
If we could come to terms, we’d entrust you with sole agency in Montreal.
如果我们能达成协议,我们将委托你方在蒙特利尔行使独家代理权。
It was only through lengthy and on and on-and –off negotiations that the two parties eventually came to terms and struck the bargain.
在经过漫长的,断断续续的磋商后,双方最终才达成协议并成交。
After weeks of arbitration the buyer and the seller have finally come to terms on the question of compensation.
经过数周仲裁,买卖双方最终就赔偿问题取得一致意见。
关于“达成协议”的其他表达方式,参见第15及第20课注释。
6. Things that should be there are there.
该有的都有了。(该写进合同的都写进去了)
7. Needless to say, the total amount will be increased accordingly.
不言而喻,总金额也相应增加了。
Needless to say, after the business season, we will run the risk of the toy market being bear.
不用说,旺季过后我们就会冒玩具市场下跌的风险。
Needless to say, we shall look favorably on any suggestion that will increase efficiency.
不言而喻,我们将积极考虑任何提高效率的建议。
Needless to say, we have been put to great inconvenience.
毋需说,这给我们带来很大麻烦。
8. I’ll have the contract revised and get it ready to be signed.
我将把合同修改一下,准备签字。
有关合同的用语,参见第5课及第7课注释。在合同修改时,常用语如下。
有了这些词语,任何合同修改应该不会有困难了。
They amend the contract by some additions and deletions.
他们对合同做了一些增添和删除。
As requested, we revise the contract as follows:
(1)The total quantity is changed from 250metric tons to 300 metric tons.
(2)The word “about” IS INSERTED BEFORE THE QUANTITY.
(3) The insurance clause is deleted.
遵照要求,我们修改合同如下:
(1)数量由250公吨改为300公吨。
(2)数量前加入“大约”一词。
(3)删除保险条款。