4. they strongly demand ian explanation and that you compensate for the loss.
我们强烈要求作出解释并要你方赔偿损失。
(1)suggest, order, demand, propose, request, insist等表示建议,要求的动词后面接从句时,谓语动词用should + 动词原型。(suggest一词参见第30课注6)、
They requested you have the covering L/C amended according to the terms of the contract.
他们要求你们按合同条款将有关信用证进行修改。
We propose partial shipment be allowed.
我们建议允许分批装运。
We suggest your seller cut down his price by 20% so as to meet the keen competition from other sources.
建议你方卖主减价20%,以应付其他供应商剧烈竞争。
(2)compensate for赔偿,因……赔偿
If we were at fault, we should be glad to compensate for your loss.
如果我方有错,我们当然乐意赔偿损失。
Yd to compensate us for the damage.
我们要求你们赔偿我们遭受的损失。
5. I’m afraid we cannot entertain your claim as it has nothing to do with us.
我恐怕我们不能接受你方索赔,因为它对与我们毫无关系。
have nothing to do with与……无关have something to do with与……有关
Your cooperation in this respect has a lot to do with the sales promotion in our market.
你们在这的合作对于我市场上的推销有很大作用。
Don’t you think an attractive packing has something to do with the sale of your products?
你不认为吸引人的包装与你们产品的销售之间有密切关系吗?
Upon examinatipon we found the damage has nothing to do with packing.
经检验,我们发现货损与包装无关。
Personal contact has a great deal to do with mutual undertstanding.
个人之间的接触对于相互了解十分有益。
6. As the goods were sold on CIF terms, you must be held responsible for the shortage.
由于货物是按到岸价卖出的,你方对短重必须承担责任。
be held responsible for 对……承担责任
In case of delay we are not to be held responsible.
万一出现耽搁,不得要求我方承担责任。
We shall hold you responsible forany loss that might be involved.
对于可能发生的任何损失,我们将要你方承担责任。
We shall be rwsponsible for the fine quality fo our products.
我们将对我们产品的优良品质负责。
As buyers you are responsible for chartering steamer or booking shippint space.
作为买方,我要负责租船或订舱。
7. In view fo our friendly relationship, we are prepared to meet your claim for the 45 metric tons short weight.
鉴于你我之间友好贸易关系,我们准备满足你方关于公吨短重的索赔。
in view of鉴于,考虑到……
In view of recent development of the market, we do not think rpice reduction possible.
鉴于市场最近的发展,我们认为降价不可能。
In view or our long-standing relations, we exceptionaaly agree to D/P payment terms for this order.
考虑到我们之间的长期业务关系,对于这次订货我们破例接受付款交单。