R:Yes. I’ve done a cost analysis. Here, see for yourself. 是的,我已经做了成本分析。这就是,你自己看看。
表示自己说的是真的,希望别人认可的进修,可以用see for yourself.
L: What’s the market ofr this?这种产品针对什么市场?
B:Well, it’s more upscale than the Easiwiz. It will appeal to office workers and executives as well as kids.
这种产品比Easiwiz 的档次要高。主要是为了迎合上班族、管理层和孩子的需求。
在英国,常会听到upmarket而不是upscale.
D: That could be a problem. Do you remember the High-Pro? It appealed to kids, parents, office workers, executives, you name it. But we couldn’t sell it.那可能有问题,你还High=Pro产品吗?针对儿童、父母、上班族和管理层的,反正什么人群都合适,可我们卖不出去。
在对话里提到许多例子时,可以在列举的例子后面加you name it!
B: How come?为什么?
How come是Why?或Why not? 非正式的说法。
D:There was no market focus.因为没有市场定位。
B:Ah, but this product is fifferent! It’s more fun than the High-pro.What do you think, Lisa?
啊,但是这个产品不同!这个比High=pro更有意思。你有什么意见,利萨?
Ah可以表示理解了某人刚刚说的话。
L: I agree with David. There is no market focus.我同意大卫的观点。这个产品市场定位不明确。
No
B:Well…no, but I could do a cost analysis to make sure.不是很确定,但是为了确定一下我可以做一个成本分析报告。
L: That’s a good idea. 好主意。