Discussing Work 谈论工作
G=Gerald Boyd Y=Yoshio Sato
G:Mr Sato? My name’s Gerald Boyd. I realy enjoyed your presentation.
佐藤先生吗?我是杰拉尔德.博伊德。我很喜欢你的演示。
Y:Thank you. What company are you with?施诊我,你在哪个公司工作?
G:I’m with Biotec. We’re very much interested in your research.我是Biotec公司的。我们对你的研究很感兴趣。
Y:Well, I’m very glad to hear that. What department do you work in at Biotec?
听到你这样说我很高兴,你在Biotec的哪个部门工作?
G:Research and development, but I also do some work in marketing.研发部门,但是我也做一部分市场营销工作。
Y: Have you been at Biotec a long time?你在Biotec工作很久了吗?
Yes
G:Yes.I’ve been with them for almost nine years.是的,快9年了。
Y:Have youalways worked in the pharmaceutical industry?你一直从事制药业吗?
Yes
G:Yes. After I graduated from college.I worked with Ipax, a company in Texas.
是,我大学毕业之后,在得克萨斯州的Ipax工作。那以后,我在PDC工作了10年。
No
G: Not that long. I’ve been with them for six months. I joined the company after I graduated from college.
没有多久,工作了六个月。大学毕业我就进了这家公司。
No
G: No. After I got my bachelor’s degree. I was with a software company in Calitornia for six years.
不,我毕业后在加利福尼亚的一家软件公司工作了六年。
Y:That’s interesting. Why did you leave the computer industry?听起来很有意思,你为什么要离开计算机行业?
G:I felt I needed a change.我觉得我需要改变。
在美国,university和college意思相同,英国也存在colleges,指的是不太有名的教育机构或者是牛津、剑桥大学里的一个学院。