※ jet set 阔佬阶层的有钱人
Hollywood actors and actresses are part of the jet sets.
好莱坞的男女影星属于富豪阶层。
※ jinx 不吉祥的人;扫把星
When Susan comes along with us, our car gets a flat tire or the engine overheats. I think she is a jinx.
只要苏珊和我们一起,我们的车不是爆胎就是发动机过热。我想苏珊真是个扫把星。
※ know it all 自作聪明的人,自以为样样都懂的人
John is such a know it all when it comes to history. I wonder if he majored in history, or if it’s just his hobby.
当谈到历史方面的内容时,约翰真是无所不知。我很想知道他是否专修过历史,或这仅仅是他的业余爱好。
※ lazy bones 懒汉,懒骨头
Get up you lazy bones! get back to work!
起来!懒骨头,快去干活!
※ lead foot 开快车的人
Please wear your seatbell, he is a real lead foot.
请系好安全带,他可是个爱开快车的人。
※ lucky dog 走运的人,幸运儿
You’re a real lucky dog to find a$100 bill on the sidewalk like that!
你真走运,竟然在那样的人行道上捡到一张100美元的钞票。
※ lulu 优秀的人
Larry’s father is a lulu at fishing.
拉里的父亲是一个钓鱼老手。
※ main squeeze 心上人,情人
Who’s wendy’s main squeeze this month? She seems to change boyfriends so fast, I can’t keep up with them.
这个月谁是温迪的男朋友?她好像经常换男朋友,我都被弄糊涂了。
※ marshmallow 没有主见的人
Don’t be a big marshmallow! Fight for what you think is right and don’t let others push you around!
别那么没主见!你认为对的就去做,别让人牵着你的鼻子走。
※ meanie 小气鬼;吝啬鬼
My sister is a real meanie. If you have something that she likes, she’ll take it away from you.
我的妹妹是一个真正的吝啬鬼,如果你有什么她喜欢的,她就会把它拿去。
※ meathead 笨蛋
You should teach that meathead a good lesson
你应当好好教训一下那个笨蛋。