1. How do you find it?
你觉得怎样?(你喜欢吗?)
How do you find it? 是征求对方对某一事物的看法的用语。
类似的句子还有:
How do you like the weather here?
你觉得这里天气如何?
What do you think of the date of delivery?
你认为交货期怎样?
How did you enjoy the performance?
你喜欢这场演出吗?
2. Oh, what a lovely room!
啊,多舒适的房间呀!
这是英语中表达感叹的一种句型,由what + (a) + 被强调的名词组成。如:
What funny ideas you have got!
你这人的主意真是有趣。
What a good idea!
好主意!
What a pity!
多么遗憾呀!
3. Faces south, if I’m not mistaken.
屋子是朝南的,如果我没弄错的话。
Faces south 是It (The room) faces south的省略形式。口语中为了简便经常会省略句子中的某个部分。又如:
Haven’t seen you for ages!
好久不见了。
After you!
您先请!(可用于让客人先进屋、先上车等场合)
Smooth journey!(I wish you a smooth journey.)
一路顺风!
4. It’s pleasure to be help.
能给您效劳是一种愉快。
Pleasure 也是口语中很客气的常用语。如:
-Thank you for coming to see me off.
谢谢您来给我送行。
-It’s a pleasure.
这是一种愉快。(我很乐意)
-Thanks for helping me.
谢谢您的帮助。
-My pleasure.
我很愿意效劳。
-Will you take this along to the office for me?
请帮我把这个带到办公室好吗?
-With pleasure.
十分乐意。
I take pleasure in making you an offer.
我很高兴给您护盘。
May we have the pleasure of inviting you to dinner?
我们能有幸请您来吃饭吗?
5. As a matter f fact, I’ve been looking forward to this trip for quite some time.
其实,许久以来我就盼望这趟旅行了。
As a matter of fact引起的句子,常常用来加强前面表达的意思,有时也用来表示和前面相反的意见:
You have been most helpful; as a matter of fact, I don’t know what I should have done without you.
你真是帮了大忙了。说真的,没有你我真不知道该怎么办呢。
-He hasn’t a son, has he?
他没儿子,是吗?
-Yes, he has,; as a matter of fact, he has two.
不,他有儿子。他有两个儿子。
He appears to be strong and healthy, but as a matter of fact, he suffers from a very weak heart.
他看上去很健壮,其实,他心脏很弱。
6. We’ve arranged one afternoon in the time schedule to show you around the city.
我们在日程表中已经安排了一个下午带您在市里各处看看。
to show someone around 带某人各处看看
The director will show the party of students around the office so that you canmeet everyone.
开始工作前,我先带你到办公室各处转转,和大家见见面。
7. By the way, where can I get a city map?
顺便请问,我在哪里能买到本市地图?
by the way常用来提起与先前无关的题目。例如:
I spent the weekend with Linda. By the wy, did you know that she has lost her job?
我和林达一起度假周末的。顺便问一下,她失业了,你知道吗?
Wang Ming has gone to Switzerland.
王明去瑞士了。
-Oh, yes? Lucky chap. By the way, have you heard from Li Ying recently?
嗬,是吗?这家伙真走运。喂(顺便问一下),你最近听到李英什么消息?
8. I see..
我明白了。
See在这里是“明白”,“知道”的意思。例:
You see, I don’t ever understand your explanations.
你知道吧,我根本不明白你解释的是什么。
I’m in a hurry. I’ve work to do this morning, see?
我得快点,我今天上午还有活要干,明白吗?
Oh, I see. Thank you for telling me the way to the post office.
哦,我明白了。谢谢你指点我去邮局的路。
9. Thank you once again for everything you’ve done.
再次谢谢您所做的一切。
Thank you, thanks, thank you for 是英美国家人士使用得十分频繁的口头禅,回答这类话语时岢以说:
Not at all.
Don’t mention it.
You’re welcome.
比较随便一点可以说:That’s all right. 有时则什么也不用说,只报以微笑了之。
-Thank you for your warm reception.
谢谢您 的热情接待。
-you’re welcome.
欢迎您来。
Thank you for sending the letter for me.
谢谢您替我寄这封信。
Don’t mention it. /Not at all./ That’s all right.
没事儿。(不值一提)
10. I’ll be seeing you tomorrow morning.
明天早晨我们再碰头。
Shall(will) + be + ing 是将来进行时,常常用来表示预计将会发生或一定会发
的事情。例如:
Be sure to come. We’ll be expecting you.
一定要来,我们会等你的。
What shall we be doing next?
下一步我们干什么?