1. I should say the quality and finish are all right.
我认为质量和加工都不错。
I should say我得说。常含有“我确实认为”的意思。
I should say your commodities have found a firm footing in our market.
我得说,你们的商品在我们市场上已牢牢站住脚了。
--Did these goods enjoy a wide popularity among the end-users?
这些商品在用户中很受欢迎吗?
--I should say so.
我是这么认为的。
I should say this is a good idea.
我肯定这是个好主意。
2.Is there anything wrong with them?
它们哪儿不合适呀?
注意口语中wrong的一些常用方法:
Is there anything wrong with the contract?
合同有什么不对的吗?
Nothing is wrong. (There is nothing wrong.)
没毛病,一切很好。
I would not be far wrong to say the contract is fulfilled on our part.
从我们方面来说已经履行合同,这样讲并不算太错(太过分)。
We shall not be very wrong if we suppose that your designis not of date.
你们式样太过时,这样认为不会大错。
Everything went wrong with the offer and the counter offer.
报价,还价统统出了毛病。
3. Well, for one thing, I don’t think I like the color.
嗯,我想我不喜欢它的颜色,这是其一。
(1)I don’t think I like the color.与 I think I don’t like the color.都是正确的句子,但前者比较普通并符合英语习惯。
We don’t think we can meet your requirement this time.
我们不认为这次我们能满足你们的需要。
They didn’t think there would be a big change in market conditions.他们认为市场状况不会有大的改变。
(2) for one thing 这个短语常常用来列举理由。其一……若干……等
Your offer is far from being acceptable. For one thing, the price is much too high, and for another, delivery appears a little too late.
你方报价远难接受。首先,价格太高,其次交货期看上去也有点晚了。
--I don’t think I like this shirt. For one think, the color looks too high-Sounding.
我想我不喜欢这件衬衫。首先,颜色就太夸张。
--For another?
还有呢?
--For another, the design seems old fashioned.
还有,图案好像太古板。
4.Besides, the design is a little our of date.
此外图案有点过时了。
Besides用在连接上下文的场合下,可以引出比前面更加有力的论据。口语中类似意义的词还有:
Moreover, what’s more, in addition, on top of that等。
We couldn’t get our customers round to accept your price, which is too high. In
addition, the quality of your commodities not so good.
你们的价格太高,我们无法劝说客户接受。再说,你们商品质量也并不那么好。
All the goods have been booked out, and on top of that, it would be another two weeks before fresh supply can come in.
所有的货都订购一空,而且新货两星期后才能到达。
The delivery date is too far away. What’s more , your payment terms are too harsh.
交货期太远。 更主要的是,你们的付款条件太苛刻。