NOTE
1. To be honest with you, we have another offer for a similar one at a much lower price.
老实对你说,我们另外得到一个类似产品的报盘,价格要低得多。
形容词,副词比较级级前面可以用much ,far, no 等副词及名词短语修饰,表示程度:
I’m afaid your quality is no better than theirs.
恐怕你们的质量并不比他们的好一点。
This year they have made far greater progress in business than they did last year.
他们今年业务比去年大有进展。
We have exported a lot of goods but we must export still more.
我们已经出口了许多货物,但还必须出口更多。
We found your price about 20 percent higher than that of last spring.
我们发现你们的价格比去年春天高出约20%。
Will you make your payment terms a little easier for us?
你们的付款条件能否宽松一点?
2.I can assure you that our price is most realistic.
我可以向你保证我们的价格是很优惠的。
I assure you that you’re quite mistaken on that point.
我敢说你在那个问题上完全错了。
We assure you that we shall do our utmost to expedite shipment.
请放心,我们将尽速装运。
We assure you of our readiness to cooperate with you.
请相信我们愿意与你们合作。
Be/rest assured 是商业上常用的短语,意思和上面一样。
Our policy will remain unchanged. You can rest assured of it.
我们的政策是不会改变的,你尽可放心。
Ploease rest assured that we shall keep your inquiry before us.
请放心,我们将牢记你们的询价。
有时assure 后面还可以直接加宾语。
We may assure immediate delivery of the goods.
我们可以保证立即交货。
3.A trial sale will convince you of what I say.
试销一番你便会知道我的话一点也不错。
convince 一字后面接of 短语或that从句。
Please try to convince them of our hope to do better next time.
请尽力让他们相信我们希望下次更好些。
We cannot convince them of having done wrong in the matter.
我们无法使他们相信那件事他们做错了。
They tried to convince us that their procucts were worth promoting.
他们努力使我们相信他们的产品值得推销。
But some buyers were convinced that the shortage was real.
但是有些买主相信货物短缺是真的。
This price of yours is out of the question.
你们的这个价格根本无法无法接受。
This price of ypurs 相当于your price, 但采用前一结构,指示代词this/that
便能表示出一种厌恶或赞赏的情绪。
This color of yours sample is great deal too dark.
你们的这种颜色太暗了。
All businessmen spoke very highly of that rinciple of yours.
所有的商人都高度赞扬你们的那项原则。