in general 通常,一般
go against 不符
under offer 已向外报价
best sellers 畅销货
What do you say if … 如果……你认为如何?
make concession 让步
in fact 事实上
in view of 鉴于
push sale of 推销
I beg your pardon 请再说一遍
make oneself clear 表达清楚
see one’ point 明白……观点
NOTES
1. Actually, we don’t give any commission in general.
事实上,我们一般不付给佣金。
Actually, in fact, as a matter of fact, to tell the truth等词,在较长的谈话中常可以用来承接上下文,对前面所谈的内容作进一步补充。
We’re sorry we can’t make you an offer, As a matter of fact, we’ve run out of stock quite a few weeks.
很抱歉,我们不能向你们报价,事实上我们的货物已脱销几个星期了。
--Do you handle the export of chinaware?
你们经营瓷器的出口吗?
--Yes. In fact ,we specialize in line with a ling history.
是的,其实我们专营这项产品已有多年的历史了。
I haven’t made an appointment with him. Actually, I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting him yet.
我没和他订过约会,事实上我还没见过他呢。
Actually 一词在提出更正或表示歉意时也常常使用。
--Hello, john. Nice to see you again.
喂,约翰。 咱们又见面了,我很高兴。
--Actually, my name’s Andy.
其实,我叫安迪。
--How are you getting on with the shipment?
装船进行得怎样?
--Well, actually, I’m very sorry, I’m afraid we haven’t started yet.
真对不起,恐怕我们还没开始装船呢