2. I’m afraid it goes against the usual commercial practice not to allow a commission.
不给佣金与商业惯例恐怕不一致吧。
go against 与……相违背
It goes against the stipulations of the contract to insure the goods at 130% of the invoice balue.
按照发票金额130%给货物投保违背合同规定。
3. Mr. John, you must be aware that the articles under offer our best sellers.
琼斯先生,你肯定知道所报的商品都是我们的畅销货吧。
under offer = being offered
under一词常有”处于某种状态下“的意思。
I’ve come to make a contract with you for the business under discussion.
我就是来和你就讨论中的那笔买卖订合约的。
These products are under offer elsewhere.
这些产品已向其他地区的客户报出。
The seller is under contract to supplly the buyer with 1,000 tons of cement a week.
卖方按合约每周要向买方供应1000吨水泥。
4. What do you say if we increase the order by 15,000 yards?
如果我们增加15,000码订货,你们认为怎么样?
What do you say 常用来征求对方某建议的看法,或是表示一种邀请。
What do you say to some Chinese dishes?
来几道中国菜你说好不好?
What would you say to our meeting at 3 o’clock next Thursday?
我们下星期四三点钟碰头怎么样?
What would he say if we postpone our appointment till August 5?
我们把约会延期至8月5日他会有意见吗?
征求别人对某问题的意见还可以说:
How would it be if…
What do you think of …
What do you think if…What is your opinion?
5. But there’s one thing I wish to have your attention.
但有一件事情要提请你注意。
提请别人注意某事还可以说:
call one’s attention to something
draw one’s attention to something
invite one’s attention to something
Before I close, I must call your attention to a problem we have to face.
在我结束讲话之前,还要提请你注意一项我们得面临的问题。
We wish to draw your attention to the fact that the market is firm with an upward tendency.
我们愿请你注意这一事实,市场状况坚挺且有上升趋势。