Multi-Word Verbs with Prepositional particle动词+介词
宾语放在动词+介词词组的介词后面。语序跟前一页介绍的词组语序有许多不同。
•介词一般放在宾语前面,宾语是代词的情况也不变。
I called on my aunt yesterday. 我昨天去拜访我婶婶了。
I called on my aunt yesterday. 我昨天拜访了她。
I’m going to ask for the bill. 我去要账单。
I’m going to ask for it. 我去要它。
•插入副词和副词短语有两种情况。一种像下面这样,插在动词和介词之间:
I called unexpectedly on my aunt yesterday. 昨天我出乎意料地去拜访婶婶。
I believe passionately in the National Health Service. 我非常相信全国健康服务机构。
另一种像下面这样接在动词+介词词组后面:
I called on my aunt unexpectedly yesterday.
I believe in the National Health Service passionately.
介词后面可以加关系代词。
•The woman on whom I called yesterday was my aunt. 我昨天去拜访的那个女人是我婶婶。
The thing in which I believe passionately is the National health Service.
在口语中像上面这样的关系分句里可以省略关系代词。
The woman I called on yesterday was my aunt.
The thing believe in passionately is the national Health Service.
Multi-Word Verbs with Two Particles 动词++副词+介词
短语动词里有动词+副词+介词的构成形式。
I will not put up with rudeness. 我无法忍受粗鲁无礼。
I get on with my brother. 我和我兄弟一起生活。
We are looking forward to our holiday. 我们盼望着假期的到来。
这时的语序规则和动词+介词的规则几乎一致。
•宾语是代词的话,必须放在动词+副词+介词词组后面。
I get on very well with him.
I get on with him very well.
•在关系从句里,用动词+副词+介词词组的话,一般省略关系代词。
There ‘s one person I don’t get on with.
有一个人我无法和他相处。
The thing I’m looking forward to is holiday.
我盼望的事就是度假。