6.I beg your pardon?
请你再说一遍。
I beg your pardon 有两个意思。 一是“对不起”, 相当于“I am sorry, 说话时为降调:另一个意思是,当听不清楚或听不懂对方所说的话时,用来问对方“你说什么”,相当于“What do you say?或Will you repeat, please?这时要用升调。如果双方比较熟识,也可以简单说Pardon? What?例:
I beg your pardon, (but) is this your watch ?
对不起,这是你的手表吗?
I beg your pardon for coming.
对不起,来打扰你了。
--We do business on the basis of equality and mutual benefit and exchange of meeded goods.
我们在平等互利、互通有无的上做买卖。
--I beg your pardon? Exchange of needed goods?
我没弄懂exchange of needed goods的意思。
--Well, that is, to exchange what one has for what one meeds.
哦,这么说吧, 用自己拥有的东西去换取自己需要的东西。
--Oh, I see.
哦,我明白了。
7. commission n.佣金(可数,不可炸毁)
We are commission agents. We sell goods on commission.
我们是佣金商,我们销售商品取得佣金。
We do not pay commission to merchants dealing with us on principal-to-pricipal basis. Commission is allowed to agents only.
我们对不经过中间商直接买卖的商人不付给佣金,佣金只付给代理商。
This amount includes all your commissions.
这一数额包括你的全部佣金在内。
The insurance agent received a commission on every policy that the sold.
保险代理人每卖出一张保险单便收到一笔佣金。
Sometimes the buyer deducts a commission for the agent and remits the net amount for purchase to the seller.
有时买方扣除付给代理的佣金,把购买的净额付给卖方。
The salesman get (a) 10% commission on all sales made; if he sells goods worth $ 100, his commission is $ 10.
销售商每卖出一笔货可得10%的佣金。如果的货物值100美元,佣金就是10美元。